Custom Search

... ...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wyclef Jean Fighting to Get Name on Haiti Presidential Ballot

(CNN) -- Hip-hop singer Wyclef Jean said Sunday he will contest a pronouncement from Haitian election officials ruling him ineligible to run for president of Haiti.
"After careful consideration and much soul-searching, I have made the decision to contest Haiti's board of elections' pronouncement stating that I am ineligible to run for the presidency of the country," Jean said in a statement. "I will be seeking a solution through legal channels, and I urge my countrymen to be patient through this process."
Jean's name was not on the list of 19 approved candidates released Friday night by Haiti's Provisional Electoral Council. At the time, Jean said, "I respectfully accept the committee's final decision, and I urge my supporters to do the same."

1 comment:

  1. "I respectfully accept the committee's final decision, and I urge my supporters to do the same."

    Of course, but once this piece of crap started thinking about the billions he would be handling, and stealing some of it for himself, he had a change of heart.

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to click on the Home button to see possibly newer posts.