Custom Search

... ...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Michael Douglas Wanted to Impregnate Catherine Zeta-Jones on First Meeting

A slew of stars including Hugh Hefner, Matthew McConaughey, Annette Bening, Warren Beatty and Melanie Griffith strutted into the Sony Studios in Los Angeles last week to honor Michael Douglas as he received AFI’s 37th Annual Lifetime Achievement Award. However, the entire evening Michael barely took his eyes off his stunning wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, and it seems he made his intentions very clear the very first time they met.

"My very first impression was that he was very funny and very charming," Catherine Zeta-Jones told Tarts. "And straight away he was very direct that he wanted to be the father of my children. So that was it ..."

The two have since had two children, Dylan, 8, and Carys, 6.

Although Douglas is still clearly mesmerized by his leading lady, he was less-than-impressed when a reporter asked Zeta-Jones first of all what she was wearing.

"I’m being honored for a Lifetime Achievement Award and you ask my wife what she is wearing. Not even the second question, you ask it straight up," he said while walking away, before reluctantly being enticed back.

But according to Michael Douglas’s 92-year-old father Kirk, he didn’t want his son to even enter show business.

"For years I tried to get him out! I thought he was going to be a lawyer and I would encourage that but my son never listened to me," Kirk exclaimed. "He's too young or I'm too young for my son to have a life time achievement award. I don't know how I feel. I have mixed emotions."

3 comments:

  1. And, um, who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now do the 'merge' thing that projects what your children would have looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that I've already done that. I'll look for it again.

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to click on the Home button to see possibly newer posts.