Custom Search

... ...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

After becoming an Atheist, has there been any occasion when you said "Oh My God"?

====================
This came up yesterday during a video chat with Sash and coincidentally showed up today on a site. Anyway, this person answered it better than I did:


From Endemoniada

All the time.

When you realize that it's not about actual belief, but rather upbringing, culture, basically the mental equivalent of muscle memory, you won't even ask that question.

I also say "Jesus Christ!", "holy shit!", "God damn it!" and "Hell", because those are all words in the english vocabulary that convey a strong message.

If "spoon" had a christian source, would you stop saying "spoon" just because you're an atheist?

2 comments:

  1. Do I get royalties since my name was used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, what would you like, a load of trinkets and other goods?

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to click on the Home button to see possibly newer posts.